What is a CPK Test?
CPK Test measures the different forms of creatine phosphokinase (CPK) in the blood. CPK is an enzyme mainly in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscle.
Who should get this test?
This test is usually done at an emergency room when you are at risk of a heart attack. Your doctor may also order this test for the following reasons:
- Diagnose a heart attack
- Find the cause of chest pain
- Find out how much heart or muscle tissue has been damaged
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time