What is a Creatinine test?
Creatinine test is a urine screen used to detect protein and creatinine in the urine, to help evaluate and monitor kidney function, and to help detect and diagnose early kidney damage and disease.
Why should one get a Creatinine test?
This test may be ordered for the following reasons:
- If your primary care or provider suspects that you have kidney disease
- To evaluate how well your kidneys are working
- Determine how well the kidneys are working
- Provide information on other chemicals in the urine
- Determine urinary tract obstruction or infections
What kind of test is it?
Do I need to fast?
No fasting required.
How long does it take to get results?
It usually takes 3-5 business days.