What is a CT Scan for Elbow?
CT Scan (also known as CAT scan) for Elbow is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to examine the cause of pain in the shoulder area in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in detecting inflammatory conditions, tumors, and evaluating other abnormalities in the elbow.
Who should get this test?
CT scan of the Elbow is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Tears to muscles, tendons or ligaments
- Masses , tumors and infections
- Pain due to injuries following trauma, dislocation or fracture
- Inflammation of the joint
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time