What is a CT Scan of the Pelvis?
CT Scan (also known as CAT scan) of the Pelvis is a painless radiology exam which may be ordered to help evaluate abnormalities in the area. This includes abdominal pain, inflammation, kidney stones, bladder stones and liver lesions, among others.
Who should get this test?
CT Scan of the Pelvis is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Right lower quadrant or Left lower quadrant pain
- Colon cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s disease
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time