What is a CT Angiography Scan of the Chest?
CT Angiography scan of the Chest focuses particularly on the blood vessels in the chest and lungs, using contrast dye to make them show up clearly in the images.
Who should get this test?
CT Angiography Scan of the Chest is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Trouble breathing
- Experience shortness of breath
- Find Blood clot
- Aneurysm (a blood vessel that has become enlarged and may be in danger of rupturing)
- Blood vessels that have become narrowed by atherosclerosis (fatty material that forms plaques in the walls of arteries)
- Abnormal blood vessel
- Blood vessels damaged by injury
- Tumor that is fed by blood vessels
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Angiography Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time