What is a CT Angiography of the Heart?
CT Angiography of the Heart may be used to diagnose abnormalities of the heart, including coronary vessels.
Who should get this test?
Your doctor may order a CT Angiography of the Heart if they suspect any problems with your heart. Problems can include:
- Suspected heart disease because of symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, fatigue and/or risk factors of coronary anomaly (also known as suspected abnormal anatomy of the coronary arteries).
- High cholesterol, family history of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, cigarette smoking, overweight or obese and physical inactivity.
- New or worsening symptoms with a previous normal stress test result
Unclear or inconclusive stress test results.
- New onset heart failure with reduced heart function and low or medium risk for coronary artery disease.
- Intermediate risk of coronary artery disease before non-coronary heart surgery.
- Coronary artery bypass grafts.
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Angiography Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.