What is a Diabetes Panel?
Diabetic Panel is a series of blood test used to determine a person’s average blood sugar. It is used to help diagnose diabetes. It can also be used to diagnose type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes. Tests are recommended since early diabetes does not usually show symptoms.
Diabetes Panel includes the following tests:
- Hemoglobin A1C: Hemoglobin A1C is a blood test used to determine a person’s average blood sugar over a period of three months. It is used to help diagnose diabetes. It can also be used to diagnose type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes.
- Glucose Test: Glucose Test is a blood test used to assess the levels of glucose in the blood. It is used to diagnose diabetes, cancers, and other metabolic disorders. Your doctor may order this test if you have signs of diabetes.
- MicroAlbumin: A urine microalbumin test is a test to detect very small levels of a blood protein (albumin) in your urine. A microalbumin test is used to detect early signs of kidney damage in people who are at risk of developing kidney disease.
Who should get this test?
People who take control of their own diabetes care by eating healthy foods and living an active lifestyle often have good control of their blood sugar levels. Still, regular health checkups and tests are needed. Symptoms of diabetes may include:
- An increase in how often you need to urinate
- Blurred vision
- Confusion or a change in the way you normally talk or behave
- Fainting spells
- Seizures (for the first time)
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.