What is an EBV Antibody Panel?
EBV or Epstein-Barr Virus is a member of the herpes virus. The EBV Antibody Panel may be needed to help diagnose infectious mononucleosis and to distinguish between EBV and other illnesses with similar symptoms. This can also be done to evaluate a person’s susceptibility to EBV.
EBV Antibody Panel includes the following tests:
- Epstein-Barr Virus VCA Antibody (IgM)
- Epstein-Barr Virus VCA Antibody (IgG)
- Epstein-Barr Virus Nuclear Antigen (EBNA) Antibody (IgG)
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered by your health practitioner if you have symptoms of mono but negative mono test or when a pregnant woman has flu-like symptoms. This panel checks Anemia can be caused by chronic lead poisoning, blood loss, the destruction of blood cells and impaired blood cells. Symptoms of mono may include:
- sore throat
- swollen lymph nodes
- stiff neck
- spleen enlargement
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time