What is a Epstein-Barr Virus?
The Epstein–Barr virus, also called human herpesvirus 4, is one of eight known human herpesvirus types in the herpes family, and is one of the most common viruses in humans. It is best known as the cause of infectious mononucleosis.
Who should get an Epstein-Barr Virus test?
This test may be ordered if you have symptoms of Epstein-Barr Virus:
- Extreme fatigue.
- Sore throat.
- Head and body aches.
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck and armpits.
- Swollen liver or spleen or both.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time