What is an Estradiol test?
Estradiol testing is used to evaluate abnormalities of the menstrual cycle, such as primary and secondary amenorrhea, fertility problems, abnormal vaginal bleeding, early or delayed sexual development.
Who should get an Estradiol Test?
Estradiol test may be ordered if a female or male sex characteristics aren’t developing at the normal rate. The test can help your doctor find out if there are problems with your adrenal glands. It can also help determine if treatment for hypopituitarism (decreased function of the pituitary gland) is working.
A doctor may order estradiol testing to look for causes of:
- abnormal menstrual periods
- abnormal vaginal bleeding
- infertility in women
- symptoms of menopause
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time