What is Fecal Occult Blood Test?
Stool Test is a series of tests done on a stool sample for to help diagnose certain conditions affecting the digestive tract. These conditions can include infections from parasites, viruses or bacteria, poor nutrient absorption, or cancer. This test includes the following:
- Stool Test for Infection
- Stool Test for Digestion
Who should get a Fecal Occult Blood Test?
This test is done to those patients who needs to:
- Identify disease of the digestive tract and find the cause of the disease
- Screen for colon cancer
- Screen for parasites, viruses and bacteria
- Look for cause of infection and cause poor absorption
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time