What is a Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology is a procedure that enables an examiner (usually a gastroenterologist) to evaluate the inside of the colon (large intestine or large bowel).
Who should get this test?
Gastroenterology is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Screening programs for colon cancer
- Blood in the stool
- Abdominal pain
- History of polyps or colon cancer
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
Do NOT EAT or DRINK anything, INCLUDING WATER, for at least 8 hours before the procedure.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time