What is Genetic Testing?
Genetic testing is a type of medical test that identifies changes in chromosomes, genes, or proteins. The results of a genetic test can confirm or rule out a suspected genetic condition or help determine a person’s chance of developing or passing on a genetic disorder.
- 28 Genes are analyzed by Myriad Genetic Laboratories for hereditary cancer risk.
- Coverage is excellent! Most insurance companies cover genetic testing at 100%.
You will be assessed for the following hereditary cancers:
- breast cancer
- ovarian cancer
- colon or rectal cancer
- uterine cancer
- pancreatic cancer
- gastric cancer
- prostate cancer
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time