What is a Hepatitis B Surface AG test?
Hepatitis B Surface AG is a blood test to screen for, detect, and help diagnose acute and chronic HBV infections; earliest routine indicator of acute hepatitis B and frequently identifies infected people before symptoms appear; undetectable in the blood during the recovery period; it is the primary way of identifying those with chronic infections, including “HBV carrier” state.
Why is a Hepatitis B test important?
Hepatitis B Virus test may be done as part of a well-visit check up that shows abnormal results on liver tests or when someone has symptoms associated with liver injury as:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Dark urine and/or pale colored stool
- Yellow discoloration of skin (Jaundice)
What kind of test is it?
Do I need to fast?
No fasting required.
How long does it take to get results?
It usually takes 3 business days.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time