What is a Hepatitis B Surface AB test?
Hepatitis B Surface AB is a blood test to detect previous exposure to HBV; it can also develop from successful vaccination so it is used to determine the need for vaccination (if anti-HBs is absent) or to determine if a person has recovered from an infection and is immune (cannot get the infection again).
Why is a Hepatitis B test important?
Hepatitis B Virus test may be done as part of a well-visit check up that shows abnormal results on liver tests or when someone has symptoms associated with liver injury as:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Dark urine and/or pale colored stool
- Yellow discoloration of skin (Jaundice)
What kind of test is it?
Do I need to fast?
No fasting required.
How long does it take to get results?
It usually takes 3 business days.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time