What is a Hepatitis B test?
Hepatitis B (IgG & IgM) is a blood test to help detect acute and chronic HBV infections; the IgM antibody is the first antibody produced after infection with HBV; IgG antibody is produced in response to the core antigen later in the course of the infection and usually persists for life.
Who should get a Hepatitis B test?
Hepatitis B Virus test may be done as part of a well-visit check up that shows abnormal results on liver tests or when someone has symptoms associated with liver injury as:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Dark urine and/or pale colored stool
- Yellow discoloration of skin (Jaundice)
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time