What is a Hepatitis C Virus test?
Hepatitis C Virus blood test (IgG & IgM) is used to help diagnose chronic liver infection and inflammation. The virus spreads through the blood or body fluids of an infected person.
You can catch it from:
- Sharing drugs and needles
- Having sex, especially if you have an STD, an HIV infection, several partners, or have rough sex.
- Being stuck by infected needles
- Birth — a mother can pass it to a child
Who should get this test?
Hepatitis C Virus may be done as part of a well-visit check up that shows abnormal results on liver tests. If you have Hepatitis C Virus then you have these following symptoms:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain
- Dark urine and/or pale colored stool
- Yellow discoloration of skin (Jaundice)
If you’ve had a Hepatitis panel drawn and the Hepatitis B Surface Antibody (HBsAB or anti-HBs) is positive, it means you are IMMUNE to the virus due to previous Hepatitis B vaccination.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time