What is a Homocysteine level test?
Homocysteine Level blood test measures the amount of the amino acid known as homocysteine in the blood. It is associated with arterial damage. Elevated levels are a risk factor for coronary artery disease.
Who should get a Homocysteine test?
A homocysteine blood test is done to:
- Help identify vitamin B12 deficiency or folic acid deficiency . But other tests for these deficiencies are available.
- Help identify a rare inherited disease that causes a deficiency of one of several enzymes needed to convert food to energy.
- Help determine a cause for otherwise unexplained blood clots.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time