What is HPV?
HPV (short for human papillomavirus) is a virus that can cause certain cancers and diseases in both males and females. Human papillomavirus is the most common sexually transmitted infection. Most sexually active men and women being exposed to the virus at some point during their lifetime. Unfortunately, because HPV often has no signs or symptoms, many people who have the virus don’t even know it.
What does your HPV Test result means?
- Negative HPV: No HPV has been found in your cervical cells.
- Positive HPV: Means that you have high-risk HPV that can cause cervical cancer. HPV 16 and 18 are responsible for 70% of all cervical cancers but having HPV does not necessarily mean you have cervical cancer or will get cervical cancer.
What are the symptoms of having HPV?
HPV may not cause symptoms at once, but they can appear years later. Warts are common symptoms of some types of HPV, especially genital warts.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time