What is a Hypothyroidism test?
Hypothyroidism test is a series of blood tests used to assess thyroid function. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce enough important hormones.
The tests measure the blood levels of hormones associated with the thyroid including:
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH)
- Free T4
- Free T3
- Thyroperoxidase Ab
- Thyroglobulin Ab
Who should get this test?
A health practitioner may order this test when someone has symptoms of underactive thyroid. Common signs of an underactive thyroid are tiredness, weight gain and feeling depressed.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time