What is a Kidney Function test?
Kidney Function Test, also known as a Renal Function Panel, is a blood test used to evaluate and to monitor the kidney functioning. The BUN/Creatinine ration is useful in the differential diagnosis of acute or chronic kidney disease. BUN stands for blood urea nitrogen.
Who should get this test?
You should get this test to:
- High BUN level may indicate that your kidneys are not able to remove toxin the blood normally
- High BUN level may also be caused by heart failure, dehydration or a diet high in protein
- Low BUN level may indicated liver disease or malnutrition
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time