What is a Liver Function Test Panel?
LFTs or Liver Function Test is a series of blood tests that used to evaluate liver conditions, such as inflammation, disease and damage. A liver function panel consists of a variety of tests that are useful in evaluating and detecting liver damage.
An LFT includes:
- Alkaline phosphatase (ALP)
- Alanine transaminase (ALT better known as SGPT)
- Aspartate transaminase (AST better known as SGOT)
- Total Protein
- Direct and Total Bilirubin
Who should get a Liver Function Test?
Your liver helps your body digest food, store energy and remove poisons. Liver function tests are blood tests that check to see how well your liver is working. They check for liver damage and can help diagnose liver diseases such as hepatitis and cirrhosis.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time