What is the MMRV test?
MMRV blood test is used to check for highly contagious viral infections known as measles, mumps, rubella titers and varicella zoster virus (MMRV). An infection by the varicella-zoster virus may cause chickenpox and shingles. A test for VZV can be used to detect prior or current infections by the virus. Measles, mumps, and rubella are spread through respiratory secretions. It may cause symptoms such as fever, dry cough, red eyes, white spotting in the mouth or a rash that usually begins on the face and spreads through the body. Vaccinations can be used to obtain immunity from the infection.
Why is the MMRV test important?
This test may be ordered:
- To check immunity status of mumps, measles, and rubella
- To prove immunity status for school or work related purposes
- To diagnosis of acute/recent infection with VZV
- To determine of immune status of individual to VZ
- For record purposes of the previous infection with VZV in an individual without a previous record of immunization to VZV.
What kind of test is a MMRV?
This is a Blood sample test.
Do I need to fast?
No fasting is required.
How long does it take to get results?
It usually takes 3-5 business days.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time