What is a Pituitary MRI?
Pituitary MRI is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to help visualize the head or brain area in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in visualizing tumors, infection, inflammation, and any brain disorders that a patient might have.
Who should get a Pituitary MRI?
Pituitary MRI is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Feeling cold
- Less frequent or no menstrual periods
- Sexual dysfunction
- Increased amount of urine
- Unintended weight loss or gain
- Vision loss, particularly loss of peripheral vision
Is there radiation involved?
No. An MRI is a painless radiology technique that has the advantages of avoiding radiation exposure.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time