What is a Renal Function Study?
This test helps to check Kidneys and other urinary functions, evaluation of Kidney’s progression and of renal insufficiency.
Who should get a Renal Function Study?
Doctors may ordered Renal Function Study if you have Kidney problems indications:
- High blood pressure
- Blood in the urine
- Frequent urges to urinate
- Difficulty beginning urination
- Painful urination
- Swelling of the hands and feet due to a buildup of fluids in the body
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. Nuclear Medicine is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time