What is PTH Intact & Calcium?
Parathyroid Hormone (PTH) Intact is used to evaluate parathyroid function and useful in making diagnoses of hyperparathyroidism. Calcium in the body is also monitored if it’s higher or lower than normal when you are having surgery for hyperparathyroidism; when your health practitioner wants to determine how well your parathyroid glands are functioning.
Who should get a PTH Intact & Calcium Test?
Your doctor may order this test if you have a Hyperparathyroidism or Hypoparathyroidism. Some symptoms include:
- Nausea, vomiting or loss of appetite
- Frequent complaints of illness with no apparent cause
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive urination
- Kidney stones
- Tiring easily or weakness
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time