What is Shingles Testing?
Shingles Testing is a blood test which checks for a very contagious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus (VZV), the same virus that causes chickenpox. It can cause nerve inflammation and intense pain, a reddened rash, and blisters (vesicles) that break open and crust over before slowly resolving. In most cases, the rash and pain subside within a few weeks, but some of those affected may have severe pain that lingers for months or even years.
Why is Shingles Testing important?
This test may be ordered:
- Useful for laboratory diagnosis of acute/recent infection with VZV
- Useful for determination of immune status of individual to VZV
- Useful for documentation or previous infection with VZV in an individual without a previous record of immunization to VZV.
What kind of test is it?
Do I neet to fast?
No fasting required.
How long does it take to get results?
It usually takes 3 business days.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time