What is a Thyroglobulin Test?
Thyroglobulin Test is a blood test used as a tumor marker for monitoring the status of patients with papillary or follicular thyroid cancer following resection. This test can be ordered with other thyroid test for certain thyroid disorders.
Elevated levels may indicate:
- Papillary or follicular thyroid cancer
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Grave’s disease
- Sub-acute thyroiditis
Who should get this test?
This test may be ordered:
- To monitor a patient’s thyroid function
- To monitor treatment for thyroid cancer
- To monitor cancer recurrence
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time