What is a Thyroid Blood Test Panel?
Though a part of the body that many people know little about, the thyroid plays a major part in daily wellness. Both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism — too much thyroid activity and too little thyroid activity, respectively — are cause for concern. Your thyroid controls much of your metabolism and plays a vital role in your overall health. It is important to monitor thyroid function, as it is estimated that up to twelve percent of the population in the United States will develop thyroid disease during their lifetime. That’s almost fifteen million people who have thyroid problems that affect their metabolism and are unaware.
This panel includes the following tests:
- Free T4
- Free T3
- Thyroglobulin ab
- Thyroperoxidase ab
Who should get this test?
Anybody can experience thyroid issues but some people are more susceptible than others.
What are the Thyroid Blood Test risks?
- Women (up to 10 times more likely than men to have thyroid disorder)
- People with a family history of thyroid issues
- Adults aged 50+
- Individuals with Type 1 Diabetes
- Women who have been pregnant within the past 6 months
- People being treated with lithium for six months or more
- Those with iodine exposure or deficiency
- People who have been exposed to radiation therapy, especially around the neck
What are the signs of Hypothyroidism?
- Sluggishness & Fatigue.
- Weight Gain.
- Muscle Weakness, Aches, Tenderness.
- Cold Sensitivity.
- Mental Fogginess.
- Irregular or Heavier Than Normal Periods.
- Dry Skin & Thinning Hair.
- High Blood Sugar.
- High Cholesterol.
What are the signs of Hyperthyroidism?
- Unexpected or Unusual Weight Loss.
- Rapid Heartbeat.
- Increased Appetite.
- Nervousness & Anxiousness.
- Shaking or Trembling.
- Mental Fogginess.
- Frequent Sweating.
- Heat Sensitivity.
- More Frequent Bowel Movements.
- Swelling in the Neck from Enlarged Thyroid.
- Sleep Difficulty.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time