What is a Renal Artery Ultrasound?
Renal Artery Ultrasound is a painless radiology exam that is performed to examine the arteries that supply blood to your kidneys in a non-invasive manner.
Who should get a Renal Artery Ultrasound?
Ultrasound of Renal Artery is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Early signs of kidney failure
- Blood pressure difficult to control despite medication
- To evaluate blockages of the arteries that give blood to the kidney (e.g. renal artery stenosis)
Is there radiation involved?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time