What is a Fertility Blood Test Panel?
Fertility Panel is a blood test which consists of various tests that measure components in the blood that are associated with fertility.
This panel includes:
- FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) -stimulates the ovaries to produce the follicle. A high FSH level (generally over 11) suggests that the follicles are not responding as well as they should be to FSH stimulation.
- Estradiol – the main form of estrogen produced by the follicles. Low Estradiol levels, particularly when associated with a high FSH level, suggest menopause.
- LH (Luteinizing Hormone) – is an important factor for ovulation and, in conjunction with FSH, helps evaluate the efficacy of ovulation. A consistently high LH level is suggestive of menopause.
- TSH (Thyroid-stimulating Hormone) – an abnormal TSH may indicate hyperthyroidism (low TSH) or hypothyroidism (high TSH).
- Total Testosterone – Women’s ovaries also make small amounts of testosterone. Estrogen precursor is its main role and it also influences behavior.
Who should get this test?
Women’s Fertility Test is usually ordered by doctors if you have fertility abnormalities and has it’s following reasons:
- To evaluate cause of infertility or difficulty in getting pregnant or any disorders.
- To evaluate the reproductive system of a female.
- To monitor and evaluate levels of hormones that assist in fertility.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.