What is a Zinc Level test?
Zinc Level is a blood test which measures the amount of zinc is present in the blood.
Why is a Zinc Level test important?
Zinc contributes to RNA and DNA synthesis and is essential to tissue repair. It is used to evaluate suspected nutritional deficiency, especially for burn patients and patients receiving enteral or parental nutrition. It is useful in evaluating patients with delayed wound healing or growth retardation.
Elevated Zinc Level:
- Zinc toxicity
- Poor copper metabolism
- Weak Immunity
Decreased Zinc Level:
- Poor neurological function
- Weak immunity
- Allergies – Food & Environment
- Acne or rashes
Do I need to fast?
No fasting required.
How long does it take to get results?
It usually takes 3 business days.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time