What is a Sacrum and Coccyx CT Scan?
Sacrum and Coccyx CT Scan is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to examine the sacrum and coccyx spine in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in detecting spinal damage and tumors, diagnosing causes of pain, and evaluating other abnormalities in the spine.
Who should get this test?
Sacrum and Coccyx CT Scan is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Back Pain
- Infection / Abscess
- MS, Hemiplegia / Paresthesia
- Surgery to c-spine within past 10 years
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time