What is a CT Scan for Sinuses?
CT Scan (also known as CAT scan) for Sinuses is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to examine the cause of sinusitis in a non-invasive manner. It aids doctors in detecting inflammatory conditions, tumors, diagnosing causes of pain, and evaluating other abnormalities in the nose.
Who should get the Sinuses CT Scan test?
CT Scan for Sinuses is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Sinus infection
- Nasal stuffiness or congestion
- Inflammatory conditions
- Masses or tumors
- Tenderness of the face (particularly under the eyes or at the bridge of the nose)
Is there radiation involved in CT Scan for Sinuses?
Yes. CT Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare for a Sinuses CT Scan? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time