What is CT Scan of Upper Jaw and Lower Jaw ?
Dental CT Scan (also known as CAT Scan) of the Mandible and Maxilla is a painless radiology exam which may be performed to examine the lower jaw in a non-invasive manner.
Who should get this test?
A Dental CT Scan of the Mandible may be ordered by doctors if you have these following indications:
- Implant fittings
- Orthodontic evaluations
- Disorder of temporomandibular joint (TMJ), also known as the joint of the jaw
- Impaction, injury, infection or other abnormalities
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CT Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time