What is a CT Angiography Scan of the Abdominal Aorta?
CT angiography is used to examine the blood vessels in the abdomen and pelvic area. Routine protocol is to perform a CTA of the abdomen and pelvis together because the aorta extends from the abdomen into the pelvis.
Who should get this test?
CT Angiography (CTA) Scan of the Abdomen & Pelvis is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Right lower quadrant or Left lower quadrant pain
- Colon Cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn’s disease
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. CTA Scan is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time