What is Myelogram?
Myelogram is a painless radiology exam that is used to evaluate abnormalities of the spinal cord, find tumor and infections.
Who should get this test?
Myelogram is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Cause of arm or leg numbness, weakness, or pain.
- Narrowing of the spinal canal (spinal stenosis).
- A tumor or infection causing problems with the spinal cord or nerve roots.
- A spinal disc that has ruptured (herniated disc).
- Inflammation of the membrane that covers the brain and spinal cord.
- Problems with the blood vessels to the spine.
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. Myelogram is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.