What is Liver Scan?
Liver Scan is a type of Nuclear Medicine procedure that is done by detecting diseases in the liver.
Who should get a Liver Scan?
Doctors may ordered Liver Scan if you have theses following indications:
- Liver function problems.
- Other certain types of tumors
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. Nuclear Medicine is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time