What is a Thyroid Scan?
Thyroid Scan is performed to evaluate the function of the thyroid gland. A whole-body thyroid scan is typically performed on people who have or had thyroid cancer.
Who should get a Thyroid Scan?
Doctors may ordered Thyroid Scan if you have these indications :
- An overactive thyroid also called as Hyperthyroidism
- Lumps (nodules) or inflammation
- Thyroid cancer spread beyond the thyroid gland
Is there radiation involved?
Yes. Nuclear Medicine is an imaging test which involves a small amount of radiation to show pictures of the organs, tissues, and bones of the body.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time