What is an Abdomen and Pelvis Ultrasound?
Abdomen and Pelvis Ultrasound is a painless radiology exam which is performed to help diagnose pain and evaluate the abdomen and pelvis area in a non-invasive manner. This exam can be used to check for abnormalities such as cysts or tumors, as well as detect appendicitis, and hernia.
Who should get this test?
Ultrasound of Abdomen and Pelvis is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Ovarian cysts and ovarian torsions
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal and pelvic pain
- Ovarian torsion
- IUD placement
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Cysts or stones in the gallbladder or kidney
Is there radiation involved?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time