What is an Abdominal Aorta Aneurysm (AAA) Ultrasound?
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA), a specific kind of aneurysm, is a condition in which the lining of the blood vessel called the aorta is enlarged within the abdomen. Abdominal Aorta Ultrasound is performed to evaluate abdominal structures, including the abdominal aorta. It’s is often the screening method of choice for detecting an abdominal aortic aneurysm, a weakened, building spot in your abdominal aorta, the artery that runs through the middle of your abdomen and supplies blood to the lower half of your body.
Who should get AAA Ultrasound Scan?
Ultrasound of Aorta is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Pain in the abdomen or back
- Severe, sudden, persistent or constant pain, which may spread to the groin, buttock or legs
Is there radiation involved in Aorta Sonogram?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I receive my Aorta test results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare for Aorta Screening? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time