What is a Leg Veins Ultrasound?
Leg Veins Ultrasound, also known as Doppler Venous Ultrasound of your legs, is a safe and painless radiology exam which is performed to see if there are vein blockages in the arms. This exam is done to search for blood clots in the veins of the arms referred to as deep vein thrombosis or DVT. These clots may break off and pass into the lungs, causing a dangerous condition called pulmonary embolism.
Who should get a Leg Vein Ultrasound?
Ultrasound of Leg Veins is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Pain or weakness in the affected arm
- Swelling, discoloration, engorgement of superficial veins
Is there radiation involved?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time