What is an Penis Ultrasound?
Penis Ultrasound is a painless radiology exam that is performed to help diagnose pain and evaluate the penis in a non-invasive manner. A complete ultrasound examination consists of real-time scans of a specific joint that includes examination of the muscles, tendons, joint, other soft tissue structures, and any identifiable abnormality.
Who should get a Penis Ultrasound?
An ultrasound of Penis is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- tendon tears, or tendinitis of the rotator cuff in the shoulder, Achilles tendon in the ankle and other tendons throughout the body
- muscle tears, masses or fluid collections
- ligament sprains or tears
- inflammation or fluid (effusions) within the bursae and joints
- early changes of rheumatoid arthritis
- nerve entrapments such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- benign and malignant soft tissue tumors
- ganglion cysts
- foreign bodies in the soft tissues (such as splinters or glass)
Is there radiation involved?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time