What is Renal Ultrasound?
A renal ultrasound is a painless radiology exam that takes images of the kidneys, ureters, and bladder.
Who should get this test?
Your doctor may order a renal ultrasound when there’s a concern about certain types of kidney or bladder problems. This test will show:
- the size of the kidneys
- signs of injury to the kidneys
- abnormalities present since birth
- the presence of blockages or kidney stones
- complications of a urinary tract infection (UTI)
- cysts or tumors
Is there radiation involved?
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time