What is a Transabdominal Ultrasound?
Who Should Get a Transabdominal Ultrasound?
An Ultrasound of Transabdominal is usually ordered by doctors if you have these indications:
- Ovarian cysts and ovarian torsions
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal and pelvic pain
- Ovarian torsion
- IUD placement
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Cysts or stones in the gallbladder or kidney
Is Radiation Involved in Transabdominal Ultrasound?
No. Unlike X-ray imaging, there is no ionizing radiation exposure associated with ultrasound imaging.
When will I Receive Results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How Do I Prepare for Transabdominal Ultrasound ? Do I Need to Fast?
Please refer to the simple preparation guidelines or consult with your doctor or radiology center where you are being treated. Do not forget to bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time