What is a Fertility Blood Test Panel?
Fertility Panel is a blood test which consists of various tests that measure components in the blood that are associated with fertility.
This panel contains the following tests:
Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH): stimulates the ovaries to produce the follicle. A high FSH level (generally over 11) suggests that the follicles are not responding as well as they should be to FSH stimulation.
Estradiol: the main form of estrogen produced by the follicles. Low Estradiol levels, particularly when associated with a high FSH level, suggest menopause.
Luteinizing Hormone (LH): is an important factor for ovulation and, in conjunction with FSH, helps evaluate the efficacy of ovulation. A consistently high LH level is suggestive of menopause.
Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH): an abnormal TSH may indicate hyperthyroidism (low TSH) or hypothyroidism (high TSH).
Total Testosterone: Women’s ovaries also make small amounts of testosterone. Estrogen precursor is its main role and it also influences behavior.
Who should get a Women’s Fertility Test?
Women’s Fertility Test is usually ordered by doctors if you have fertility abnormalities and has the following reasons:
- To evaluate cause of infertility or difficulty in getting pregnant or any disorders.
- To evaluate the reproductive system of a female.
- To monitor and evaluate levels of hormones that assist in fertility.
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time