What is a Breast Cancer Blood Test?
Breast Cancer Screen is a blood test used to detect BRCA1 and BRCA2, which are genes linked to breast cancer. Mutations in these genes are associated with a greater risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
Who should get this test?
This test is ordered to screen for breast cancer. Symptoms include:
- Swelling in the armpit, pain or tenderness in the breast
- A noticeable flattening or indentation on the breast which may indicate a tumor
- Any change in the size, contour, texture or temperature of the breast. A reddish pitted surface like the skin of an orange could be a sign of advanced breast cancer
- Nipple retraction, dimpling, itching, a burning sensation, ulceration, scaly rash
- Unusual discharge from the nipple when not breast-feeding
When will I receive my results?
Once completed, you will receive your results within 3-5 business days in your LabFinder portal.
How do I prepare? Do I need to fast?
No preparation or fasting required. Just bring your LabFinder Order and Insurance Card to your appointment.
- Book and manage your personal health records
- Feel organized — keep your results in one place
- Save money — avoid surprise medical bills
How it Works
- Select your test & location
- Visit your appointment
- Access and share your test results any time